Friday, May 13, 2011

Cardboard Testimony

What would be my cardboard testimony in the Kingdom of Heaven?




Wow...this You Tube video is from a local church in Amarillo that has a pretty amazing pastor and congregation. I have watched this video several times since I received an email about it 3 years ago and it always brings tears to my eyes.

I especially tear up with the cardboard testimonies that state:

Front: Diagnosed with MS May 2007
Back: Worth it

Front: Donna's Neurologist Unchurched
Back: Baptized Easter 2008

Front: Loss of son to suicide
Back: Found God's amazing grace!

Lately I have truly needed a change in heart. I really have been convicted about how I try to portray a perfect Christian on the outside but my heart is hardened and bitter on the inside. I'm not good at sharing my brokenness and being authentic very often, so here you have it.

What would be my cardboard testimony?

Front: People pleaser, Annoying Apologizer, "Self-righteous, Good Christian Girl" trying to earn salvation

Definitely not there yet, but hope for it to say:

Back: God pleaser, Apologies said in true humility, "On fire for God Girl"



Thank you dear Heavenly Father for your abundant love and grace!!



In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

No comments: