Saturday, November 8, 2008

Aggieland Saturday

I got talked into going to the A&M/OU game a long time ago by my co-worker, Eric. After the fun this football season, I probably should have reconsidered this game choice. It was fun to go down for an Aggieland Saturday though! The Aggies tried their hardest, but again we ran out of time!

I caught a ride down to College Station with Scott. We met Eric and Melanie at Rudy's for lunch, and then we headed to the game. Our seats were unfortunately close to many OU fans and were VERY close to the OU band. If I hear Boomer Sooner one more time, I may have to take a fork and gauge my eyes out!

Here are some highlights from the trip:

1. While sitting at the intersection of Wellborn and George Bush, Scott and I saw the old man who hangs horizontally from the street sign. Old Ags, give me a shout out if you remember this crazy old man! He wears super short shorts! I tried to get a picture, but it didn't turn out!

2. I teared up when I saw the A&M band perform as they announced it was the last home game for the seniors. For some reason it struck me and made me emotional! It kinda made me want to pick up my flute and be in band again!

3. I felt sorry for the OU band as their own fans said bad things about them. It made me think of my band nerd days and not always feeling appreciated!

4. I think I have truly moved on from certain things in my life because as the A&M/OU game commenced this year it didn't bring up certain memories that should be in the past!

5. It has been 10 years since the first Maroon Out Game against Nebraska. Manda...remember getting pooped on by the bird!!

2 comments:

Violet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Haha...I DO remember getting pooped on by that bird! I think it was before the game even started. We were SO high up there. I got pooped on by many a bird during our time in Aggieland. I wonder if they're still as bad.