Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting Hitched in the Big Easy

WOW...I had such a blast at Amanda and Kent's wedding weekend in New Orleans!! Let's see if I can give you a fun account of the Big Day and all of the events that led up to the Big Day.

Mom and I left on a jet plane on Thursday night, and I think Dad was a little frightened that we had no clue of what we were doing. He insisted on getting us to the airport ~2 hours early. Needless to say, we had PLENTY of time to get through security as well as catch dinner at Chili's inside the DFW Airport. I think that I navigated well in our rental car, and we made it to Slidell quickly.

On Friday morning, Mom, Emily, and I headed out to the Pfeffers' house for the bridesmaid luncheon. It was so good to get to visit with Amanda's family and get to know Kent's mom, sister, and nieces better. Amanda's grandomther is so precious, and I decided I wanted to put her in my pocket and bring her home with me! She is welcome to come sit on my "davenport" anytime!! Amanda's mom was so calm throughout the entire wedding weekend. They had all of their plans finalized way before we all arrived!!



Amanda, Emily, Sandy, and I then headed out to get out nails "did." We had a relaxing time, and I got one of the best compliments ever from my nail guy. He told me that I had very "soft feet!" Crazy stuff...he made my day!





The rehearsal went off without a hitch! We all then headed over to Palmettos on the Bayou for the Rehearsal Dinner. It was SO yummy, and the Morgans were wonderful hosts to all of us!





We had one more event on Friday...the Lingerie Shower! Poor Amanda must have been exhausted by the end of the day! Emily and Brad graciously let us have it in their hotel suite. Thanks so much Mr. Brad Gentry for leaving and wandering around Slidell for 2 hours while we had a great time! I had emailed Kent several questions about Amanda to see if he would get the answers right. We had a great time laughing about the questions and answers during the shower! He did a great job except that Amanda wears a size 8 shoe instead of 9! Notice the cute petit fours with an "M" on them! The "M" was in honor of Amanda's new last name, Morgan!!




Emily and I headed over to the Pfeffers' house bright and early to get our hair and makeup done. It was so fun to all get "beautified" together. I really liked my hair for the wedding! Mom called it "Samantha Who" hair as I had a lot of curly ringlets! Amanda and her mom remained VERY calm when they found out that the photographer was violently ill and was sending some other people to photograph the wedding. It all worked out perfect!!







The wedding was absolutely beautiful! I managed to make it down the aisle without tripping in my 3 and 3/4 inch heels! I couldn't exactly feel my right toes after the wedding and reception though!






Everyone headed to Southern Oaks Plantation for a GORGEOUS reception. We all waited outside for the limo to arrive so that a Dixieland Band could lead them into the reception!! It was so neat to watch! We took awesome pictures around the beautiful plantation house and then the eating festivities began! Mom had already gorged on the 70 different types of heavy hors d'oeuvres by the time I got to sit down. Amanda and Kent performed a beautiful first dance, and they truly should be on Dancing with the Stars. The groom's cake included a picture of Andy Griffith, Barney, Opie, and Gomer. Kent is so awesome for his love for the Andy Griffith Show!! Everyone should be extremely proud of me as I gave the wedding toast and was not completely terrified. All of the bridesmaids and flower girls got to pull a cake charm, and I ended up with the airplane. I think that means that I will travel!! At least Amanda was kind enough not to put in a thimble cake charm that symbolizes being an old maid forever!!

The entire day was absolutely beautiful and classy! I hope that Amanda and Kent finally made it to St. Lucia after having an unplanned extra night in Miami!! May God continue to bless both of your lives as you begin this marriage!!









2 comments:

Unknown said...

You looked beautiful and your speech was perfect. Bravo!

Thanks for being my friend! :)

Amanda said...

Your pictures came out great...thanks for sharing them! Thanks for everything you did to help me...I had so much fun and can't wait to hang out again soon!

Love ya!