Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Field Trips

Well...today was my day off. I unfortunately don't get another one of those for about nine more days. It's my own fault, so don't feel too sorry for me.

Today was a great day! I met my friend Michelle at the Dallas Aquarium and then we went to eat lunch at the West End. To top the day off, we ended up at the Dallas Farmers Market. I have wanted to go there since I moved to Fort Worth. Actually, I have wanted to go there since I saw the Hidden Valley Ranch commercials that were filmed at the Dallas Farmers Market! The experience actually lived up to my expectations even though not all of the booths were open. Michelle and I ended up taking tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches, corn, green peppers, red peppers, onions, and squash home with us!! It made me want to start a garden in my non-existent backyard! It also made me think of a quote from my all time fave movie, Steel Magnolias. When Ouiser is asked why she grows tomatoes when she doesn't even eat them, she replies: "Because I'm an old, southern woman, and that's what we do. We wear funny hats and dig in the dirt." I'm ready for a funny hat and overalls and dig deep into the dirt!

Two other random thoughts for today:
  • Happy 56th birthday Daddy!
  • There is going to be a second movie to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie, and I am not even embarrassed to admit it!!

Well...I eventually would like to post about my Saturday and Sunday full of family fun, but my brain is not ready for this yet!

No comments: